Saturday, September 11, 2010

Oh yeah, I have to take care of kids...

First run-in with the boy today.  It seems he does whatever he wants whenever he wants, and his mother does nothing, and as a 12-year-old boy his primary solution to any problem is to call his mother on me.  She's not concerned about that either.  She also wasn't concerned that he lied to her about our argument to make me look bad, ut at least she told me she does not blame me for his behavior, and said "I know my children."  Fair enough.

The girl also tried to run away tonight, after she got punished by her tutor for not paying attention.  These kids might be crazy.

Registered for school today, and then wandered around for 2 hours looking for an internet cafe (still no internet in my apt, Christine is not too concerned, maybe I am much more dependent on internet than French people) and I'm starting to think this was a mistake.  I don't know anyone, I don't know my way around, and Paris is pretty much just another city except that I can't communicate with anyone.  I need to meet people I can talk to.  Even the family speaks French at dinner.  This could be a very lonely year.

On the bright side though, I have coffee with Leanne (a girl I met on facebook) and am meeting a guy named Nicolas on Sunday (also from online, that's the only way I have to meet people at the moment).  They both might be ax murders, but at least they speak English.  Friends are friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment