Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Another French guy bites the dust

Every relationship I've been in, both successful and unsuccessful, has been a learning experience.  Mom  told me that dating is how you find out what you like and don't like in a potential significant other, and I have walked away from each situation better for the experience.  For instance, one thing that always sticks out in my mind is the guy who opened my door for me whenever we got into his car.  Not just on dates, but every time.  He essentially made it a habit.  Even now, I get a bit disappointed when I get into a car with a guy I am dating and he makes a beeline for the drivers seat.  Every detail counts.

The most recent thing I've realized that I dislike is excessive indecision.  It seems to be symptomatic of our generation's general lack of a clear destination.  Yes, everybody occasionally needs, and deserves, some time to collect their thoughts and get their shit together.  Maybe a few days.  But when you find yourself needing four weeks to "think about" the future of a relationship that has lasted barely that long, it's time to pack up and move on.  "I don't know" more often than not means "no."  If you wanted it, you'd know it; if you don't, stop wasting my time.

Moral of the story: there comes a time in every relationship when you have to either man up and play ball or get off the field.

No comments:

Post a Comment