Tuesday, December 7, 2010

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas

I have an advent calendar.  I don't think I've had an advent calendar since I was a kid and we made them in Sunday School, but Julien told me his mom bought him and his siblings one every year and I thought it was really cute so I bought my own.  The chocolate is pretty good too.  Some of it is solid milk chocolate and some is filled with this white cream stuff, and they are all shaped like stockings or Christmas trees or something Christmasy like that.  I really want a little Christmas tree but I don't have room for one, maybe I'll just make a paper one and put it on the wall somewhere.  But for now my advent calendar is working just fine.


Also, it's snowing like nobody's business.  Yesterday it was doing this miserable half-rain, half-snow thing and it wasn't pretty and my boots were soaked from slushing along the slippery sidewalks, and then when I put them on my heater to dry it left grill marks on them. (Apparently my heater has light-saber laser powers, but it can't get my apartment warm in under 2 hours. Figures.)  And today, just when I was thinking that the honeymoon was over and I was done with snow's nonsense, it got pretty again and I just couldn't be mad at it.  It's fickle like that.

My street (the Palais de la Decouverte on the left)
My first snow man, made from the snow in my window flower box.  Not bad for a first attempt.
Oh and I guess I should clarify about Julien since I don't think I ever mentioned him before.  Long story short I ditched Nicolas for being too clingy and 2 days later met Julien at the bar.  I like him better.  He's 26, a pilot in the navy, and lives outside of Paris but comes every weekend or so to visit friends and family (so there's no risk of becoming a Stage 5 Clinger if he's only here on weekends).  Apparently if my goal was to find a nice French boyfriend, they are in ample supply.  He hates taking pictures but if I manage to sneak one in I'll be sure to post it.

Ciao for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment