Sunday, June 26, 2011

Sun

The sun has decided to come back into my life.  I almost forgot what sunshine was like.  Back in Florida I always took sunny days for granted, but the last two weeks in Paris have made me realize how valuable it really is.  Kristin, Josie, and I took a walk along the promenade plantée, which is a park created on an old above-ground train trestle.  Unfortunately, I am out of batteries for my camera and I can't afford to buy more until I get paid later this week so no pretty pictures but don't worry, they'll come back soon.

Kat has been staying with me since Tuesday morning and I like having people here because it lets me be a tourist for a little while.  We went to the catacombs and to Sacre Coeur/Montmartre and just did general touristy things.  I took pictures with her camera but forgot to load them to my computer so maybe they're lost forever, who knows.  Oh well.

Someone on my floor is cooking a delicious meal and it reminds me that I have 10 days until I leave for Italy and will be expected to wear a swimsuit at some point, so 10 days to put together and execute some form of crash diet so I can take fabulous pictures in said swimsuit.  I'm thinking low/no carb but I am a carbivore and that is always quite difficult so we'll see.  I never really follow through with crash diets anyway, I think about them for a few days but then forget or stop caring.  Probably more healthy that way.  But this is Italy we're talking about, I need to get serious [cue Serious Face].  If my next several posts contain more whining and complaining than normal, you'll know why.
Motivation.

No comments:

Post a Comment