Saturday, May 28, 2011

Just a blurb

I was reading Tabitha's blog (because her's is so much more entertaining than mine) and she talked about the Marche des Salopes in Paris which I really really really wanted to go to but forgot thanks to a night of binge drinking, but apparently it wasn't all that great.  Read here.  Marche des Salopes is a French version of the "Slutwalk" started in Toronto and spread worldwide after a police officer made a comment talking about how girls shouldn't dress like sluts if they don't want to get raped.  Oh yeah, I guess while they were there they forgot to tell men NOT TO RAPE PEOPLE.  But that would just be too easy, wouldn't it?  Regardless, I apparently didn't miss out on much by skipping a march to celebrate my right to dress like a slut and not get raped  (should I choose to dress like a slut in the first place, which is the big condition in that statement).  Better that way, I suppose

Oh, and on a completely different note, to the au pairs who went to WOS and told Matty they came after reading about it in my blog, thank you, I feel so famous.  Matty offered a free drink to thank me for the business, so thank you for that as well.  I couldn't have done it without you...whoever you are.  Really, though, I'm just surprised flattered that people actually read this....

Oh yeah, and coming back to edit this: I finally got my strawberry shortcake.  Christine made a cake and we had strawberries and she even bought Chantilly, which is whipped cream in French.  It was perfect, two nights in a row because the cake lasted that long without the boy there to eat half of it himself.  Third time's a charm.

2 comments:

  1. I texted you asking if you were going seeing as you were the one who told me about it! Jogging this week?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm wondering if you plan on writing the 3rd part in the series, "So You Want to be an Au Pair?"

    ReplyDelete