Thursday, April 14, 2011

More P365 pictures

Part 2 of au pair info to come soon...posts like that take a bit more time than simply uploading photos.  Oh, and I received my first spam comment today...does that make me a legit blogger now?  Righteous.

 Day 62: 4-11-11 - Naked mannequins being covered with brown paper in a window display at ProMod.  Really?  Is this a French requirement or just this one store?  Either way it's a bit silly...we wouldn't want our children being corrupted by seeing naked plastic people (because they've never undressed their Barbie's before, I'm sure)

 Day 63: 4-12-11 - rowboats on the lake at Bois de Boulogne, taken after a run.  When the weather warms up I want to rent one.  Maybe I'll find a nice French man to row it for me..."You! Come row my boat!"  How romantic.  With my luck that phrase is really a slang term for some exotic sexual act and said French man will speak only enough English to understand that I just asked him to do something indecent in public.

Day 64: 4-13-11 - Easter package from the family, including Easter Grass (a build-your-own basket, I'm assuming?), egg dying kit, peeps, jelly beans, and of course, Easter just isn't Easter with Cadbury Creme Eggs.  Also a fleur-de-lis shirt from Amy.  Times like these I can't wait to get home.

Day 65: 4-14-11 - A bit sick.  Took some sudafed and then took a sandwich and a coke to Bois de Boulogne (quickly becoming one of my favorite places in Paris) to eat and get some fresh air.  These ducks didn't seem to mind me sitting only a few feet from them.  They were probably hoping for some sandwich scraps.

Bear with me as I get back into the hang of this whole photo-taking thing, and as I adjust to the new/old camera I'm using.  I'm still not in love with it, but hey, it gets the job done so I really can't complain.  Skype date with Caitlin soon, we'll see if our Amsterdam plans are still green-lighted in spite of her malaria...

No comments:

Post a Comment