Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Death by Chocolate

Day 3: Death by Chocolate
And now, dear followers, if you look to the left you will see my Christmas gift from Christine.  They are these amazing chocolate truffle things that seem to be coated in cocoa powder from a chocolatier called Anract (110 Rue de la Tour in the 16th, for future reference - the address indicates that she actually didn't think to get me anything until she picked up the Boy from school today, but it's a nice gesture none-the-less).  I ate the first one and thought that since it was so rich I probably wouldn't be able to eat more than one at a time...there's only one left at the moment.

So I completely failed to get my sleep schedule back on track, and stil slept all day (I didn't need to get the Girl until 5) but tomorrow I scheduled tea with Leanne at our favorite little tea shop...I'll have to remember the name next time (something about cherries).  So tonight, even though it's a bit late for a sleep aid, I will try to go to bed at a more-decent-than-usual hour.

Oh and the kids were really nice today. If I didn't know better I'd think they were actually happy to see me. Either that or my bribe-with-Christmas-gifts plan worked, at least temporarily. I was bribable when I was their age (there wasn't much I wouldn't do for a coke slurpee back in the day), so I guess I can't be too critical. Either way, I'll take it.

2 comments:

  1. Hi!

    I came across your blog randomly and found your posts quite entertaining. It's always nice to find a fellow American in Paris! I'm not an au pair, just a student at the American University of Paris/part time baby sitter. How old are you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Loraine! I'm 22 from Florida, graduated in May from Florida State (hence the "go noles" in the URL) and just killing a year before the "real world" hits...how about yourself? Feel free to find me on facebook (apparently I'm hard to find, but my profile is http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=5252111), I'm always down for meeting new people here!

    ReplyDelete