Monday, October 4, 2010

"Every girl over 12 should be on birth control, and they should put Prozac in the water" - Dr. Christina Canody, my pediatrician

When I picked up the girl for lunch Friday (after her awful behavior which appears to have gone completely without consequence, of course) she was standoffish at first, but she gave be a piece of her chocolate, so maybe that was a peace offering?  I get the feeling she's at an age where she's developing a bit of an attitude.  Fantastic...I should have picked younger kids.

Friday Leanne came over and we watched my only movie, 500 Days of Summer (I still love it though), and Saturday she and I went to Nuit Blanche, a city-wide art exhibit.  One we went to was at an art school, and was pretty much a guy and a girl doing what appeared to me a choreographed interpretive dance (without music) of a sexual encounter (fully clothed, I should note)...interesting for a second and then it just got strange.  It was pretty uneventful, neither of us really knew a lot about what was going on.

           The interpretive sex-scene 
          Nuit Blanche lights at Hotel de Ville (city hall), I forget what they say




                                                                 Notre Dame at Nuit Blanche

Today, however, we went to the Louvre.  The museums are all free on the 1st Sunday of the month (and possibly free all the time, if I count as a resident, which I think I do...I have to look into that).  It was neat, my favorite part was the architecture more than the art though (then again, I've never been a huge art person).  We'll have to tackle the Louvre over time, it's wayyyy too big to do any damage in one day.
The pyramid from the 3rd floor window


Inverted Pyramid in the Galleries du Louvre, from the Da Vinci Code if you're a fan

The Napolean Apartments


Yesterday, for the first time, I felt a little guilty for leading these people to believe I was actually here because I like and want to take care of their children.  But then I thought, they led me to believe their children were well-raised, well-behaved, decent human beings, so hey, we're even.  The other day Christine asked me how many kids I wanted, and when I said I didn't know if I wanted any, she got this horrified look on her face, kind of like she hoped I was joking but she just didn't get it because of the language barrier, so I played it off and made something up.  I was hoping this experience would help me like kids more, but I don't see that happening any time soon, probably the opposite.

Dr. Canody was right, they should put birth control in the water.

No comments:

Post a Comment